Outcome Home values your privacy and recognises the need to process the personal information we hold about you (your data) in a fair and lawful manner.
The Outcome Home Network means the digital information network with domain name outcomehome.com and which may be accessed by a User in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web and through various devices which are used for the transmission or reception (either wholly or in part) of any data (including voice, email, video, web content or any other types or formats of data).
Outcome Home is a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your data. This privacy notice is being made available to you because we may collect and store personal information that you submit to Outcome Home via our website and email accounts. This notice informs you about how and why your personal data will be used and how long it will usually be retained by us.
It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (GDPR 2016), the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) and any other relevant data protection legislation that may apply.
“Data” refers to the information that we hold about you from which either on its own or in combination with other information you can be identified. It may include names, contact details, photographs, identification numbers, online identifiers and data collected through research activities.
“Processing” means doing anything with your data, such as collecting, recording or holding the data, as well as analysing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the Data Protection Legislation and its principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Used in a way that is relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited in usage only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- Kept securely.
What information do we collect about you?
- Biographical data including first and last name, title, age, domicile, date of birth and gender
- Contact data including your address, email address and telephone numbers
- Records of all contact we have with you (through emails)
- Financial data including bank account and payment card details
- Transaction data including details about payments to and from you
- Technical data including internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- We also collect, use and share aggregate data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregate data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity
- Will collect data that you provide to us if you complete surveys, interviews, or other research activities with us. All data collection and handling procedures will be in line with ethical guidance and you will be informed by the projects accompanying Participant Information Sheet
- Any other information that you provide to us
We may also process the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal data, where this is necessary and you provide it to us
- Information about your health, including any medical condition and/or disability
- Ethnicity, race, nationality and country of origin
- Religious, philosophical or moral beliefs
- Gender identification, sexual life and sexual orientation
- Criminal convictions
How we collect data about you
We collect data about you during interactions and contacts with you. This may occur through the website, email correspondence, through online survey data collection, or face-to-face. For example, if you work as an associate with us, we will have collected data to pay you, to communicate roles and responsibilities, any DBS checks, or other information that is required for our work to be completed.
Processing for limited purposes
We will only process your data for the specific purpose or purposes that we tell you about, or if specifically permitted by the Data Protection Legislation, and will only process your data to the extent necessary for that specific purpose or purposes.
Holding and retaining your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, insurance or reporting requirements.
After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our record retention schedule.
List of Data Type and Retention Period:
|Data Type||Retention Period||Justification|
|Personal contact information on Associates, peers, and volunteers||6 months after contract ends||We will retain your contact information should any issues arise around clients you worked with so we can contact you to clarify|
|Personal information on associates, peers, and volunteers||Destroyed immediately after contract ends||Identifiable data will be destroyed, however, we may keep aggregate data on those who work with us for purposes of evaluating equality and diversity, patterns, and other uses to assess OCH|
|Financial Transaction Data||6 Years||HMRC guidance|
|Records of contact we have with you (emails)||2 years||We will keep a record of emails we had with you that are hosted on outcomehome.com to ensure that we can backtrack any service decisions made and investigate potential incidents/complaints that may arise after your contract ends|
|Aggregate research data (including qualitative and quantitative)||10 years||Once all identifying information is removed, we will store your survey data into our database to evidence outcomes of our services|
|Data will be destroyed by shredding paper copies. Digital data will be permanently deleted from our business data storage facility.|